Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spirit of Adventure

Yesterday, my sister posted a find she found. I'm glad I found out that she found this find because I found myself finding the inspiration to find a find of my own.

I've been aware of Geo-caching ever since my brother stumbled across one in one of his vlogs. A few weeks ago in Oregon I went out with a few of my siblings for my very first geo-caching experience. Since then I had decided to do my own hunting when I got home to LA, but of course I never got around to it. Thanks to whatever motivated my sister to do her own search (even though she's supposed to be focusing on NaNoWriMo), I did a little research of my own and found quite a few caches in my area.

The online site I went to requires a membership fee if you want to keep track of anything you find, but it's free to search for local coordinates of caches and nothings stopping you from searching anyway. Since I can't keep a record of this online (I'm not paying) Here's what I found:









The name of this first one was "Bulls-eye" hidden behind/inside the protective railing of a Target loading dock.









The second one was in the parking lot of the Van Nuys MetroLink Train Station. Under the metal box of a Lamp Post. I guess those lamp post boxes are popular since We've found a few there in the past. I admit, they do seem quite perfect for this sort of thing.

That was it for todays adventure (I just wanted a liiiiitle bit of adventure amidst working on Digital Daydream (Still excited about that btw) I expect to have many more adventures like this one now that I've gotten that ball rolling.

As for you, please post your finds if you decide to grab some adventure of your own, I'd love to see them.

Until Next Time...


=Nathan=

No comments:

Post a Comment